Monday 20 March 2017

Year 5 & 6 Camp



Last week at Pt England we had our year 5 and 6 camp, it was so fun. Our camp was at school where we camped in tents on the school field. It was super windy but it made it more exciting. I was chosen to be a camp leader, which meant I was in charge of my group. It was called the principals.

In our camp groups we did lots of activities like biking and lots of eating and even dancing. We even got to go kayaking at Pt England beach with Mr Burt. My favourite part of kayaking was when one of the boys jumped on Daisy's kayak and tipped her out. 

As a group we had to create a dance for the final night of camp, we had a competition. Each group needed to create a dance and include everyone in their group. Our song that we were given for our item was "I got a feeling" by will.i.am! First of all we listened to the song and got some ideas from just dance. We then practiced a lot to make it amazing for our camp concert. As a leader of the group I had to help put the dance together. In the middle of the dance I had a part with one of the other boys where we did an l kick which was cool. There were three judges on the concert night who would decide who won the concert they were Mr J, Mr Moran and Mrs Moala. Out of the 6 camp groups we came third which means we must have been pretty good. 

On the last day of camp we went swimming and I went to the bombing pool where we got to do some manus.

Going to camp was so much fun and we were so lucky to go, thank-you to Mr Burt and all of the teachers and helpers that made camp happen it was a camp I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment